Commercial Lease Renewal
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
Commercial Lease Renewal (Landlord & Tenant)
Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, our expert property solicitors can provide legal advice and assistance with the renewal of a commercial property lease.
Our affordable fixed fee conveyancing solicitors offer commercial lease renewal and extension services to both Landlords and Tenants nationwide.
No matter where you live in the UK, Our conveyancing & property solicitors can provide commercial lease renewal services online.
Get free legal advice and a free commercial lease extension or renewal quote today.
Renewing your commercial property lease? We can assist with commercial lease renewals. Contact our commercial property solicitors on 01612258181 or fill in the enquiry form.
- Renewing your commercial property lease
- Can a landlord initiate a lease renewal?
- Can a tenant initiate a lease renewal?
- Does a commercial lease automatically renew?
- Tenants ending a commercial property lease early
- Landlords ending a commercial property lease early
- Solicitor fees for the renewal of a commercial lease
- Should I choose a local solicitor for the renewal of a commercial lease?
- Why Choose United Solicitors for Commercial Lease?
Renewing your commercial property lease
Can a landlord initiate a lease renewal?
As a landlord, you can initiate a commercial lease renewal process by serving a ‘Section 25’ notice on your tenant. The landlord needs to serve this notice between 6-12 months before the termination date specified in the commercial lease.
If the lease is holding over, you must state a date in the future which is at least 6 months after the notice has been served.
Can a tenant initiate a lease renewal?
As a tenant, you can initiate a commercial lease renewal process by serving a ‘Section 26’ notice on your tenant. The tenant needs to serve this notice between 6-12 months before the proposed start date of the new lease.
Your landlord can refuse to renew your lease if:
- you’re in breach of your obligations (for example, you’ve not paid your rent)
- they want to use the premises themselves, for their business, or to live there
Does a commercial lease automatically renew?
Tenants ending a commercial property lease early
As a tenant, you can also end your lease early if:
- the landlord agrees
- you pass the lease on to someone else (though the landlord may want you to provide a guarantee)
- you’re allowed to sublet (you’ll still remain responsible for the rent, even if you’re not trading from the premises)
Landlords ending a commercial property lease early
As a landlord, you can only end a lease when the tenant fails to pay rent or meet other lease obligations.
If you have included a ‘forfeiture clause’ in the lease, you can use it in these situations to end the lease. However, if the tenant can challenge this in court they may be allowed to stay in the property.
Solicitor fees for the renewal of a commercial lease
For beginning-to-end legal assistance with the renewal of the commercial leasing process, our solicitors will charge a fixed fee from £800-£1500 (Excl. VAT).
Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, when you appoint us as your commercial lease solicitor for the renewal of a commercial lease, we will do everything in our power to secure you the best deal possible at the best possible cost to you. Contact us for more information and get a free no-obligation quote.
Should I choose a local solicitor for the renewal of a commercial lease?
Estate agents will often recommend a local solicitor or conveyancer for the renewal of a commercial lease. But it is worth comparing quotes to make sure you are getting good value for money.
All the legal services are now provided remotely by phone, email, WhatsApp, video calls and by post. There is no need to attend the solicitor’s office. This flexibility gives you the freedom to choose your solicitor anywhere in England and Wales.
Our commercial property solicitors based in Manchester operate nationally & work remotely and are ready to assist you with the renewal of a commercial lease.
Why Choose United Solicitors for Commercial Lease?
- We do Conveyancing in your area! We cover the whole of England and Wales. You are not required to physically attend our office.
- We offer a fixed fee service, which will help you budget for your move and offer a very competitive rate.
- We have acquired panel membership with all major mortgage lenders having passed their thorough vetting procedures.
- Our commercial lease team are made up of experienced, qualified and accredited solicitors who personally guide you every step of the way, making the complex clear and providing proactive updates as we move your case forward.
- United Solicitors work tirelessly, to ensure that we provide you with high quality, fast and competitively priced service. Once you agree, you will become our client and we will undertake your conveyancing work. Our Conveyancing Solicitor will confirm the contact information, experience and qualifications of anyone carrying out the work for you and will give you their terms of business.
- We ensure to provide you with the service you would expect to receive. Our solicitors are fully regulated and authorised to work as professional conveyancers.