A&E departments are the busiest and most overstretched medical services in the UK. Medical errors are more likely to occur in A&E than in any other part of the health service. The consequences can be severe as A&E patients often have a serious or life-threatening injury or illness.
We operate on a No Win, No Fee basis, meaning that there no upfront costs to you. We offer a free initial, no-obligation assessment of your case.
Call us on 0161 225 8181 to discuss your claim, or submit your details below and we’ll call you back at a time convenient for you.
What is classed as an A&E negligence claim?
A&E negligence claims can arise due to a medical practitioner’s failure to:
- Properly examine the patient and fully consider their symptoms, injury or illness.
- Thoroughly and accurately interpret test results, x-rays or scans.
- Request and conduct the appropriate investigations, such as blood tests, x-rays or scans.
- Admit patients for further treatment.
- Recognise serious symptoms and missing high-risk conditions.
How much compensation will I receive?
There is no hard and fast rule for what your claim may be worth. It depends on the nature and severity of the negligence, and how it has impacted the individual.
How much will it cost to make a claim?
United Solicitors will manage your claim on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis.
Why choose us to pursue your claim?
We help thousands of clients per year with their medical negligence claims. We will work hard to get the deserved compensation and we will give you clear, jargon-free advice and guidance so you can be in complete control of your claim.
- Agree to represent you on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis which means you pay nothing to us if you lose but you might be liable to pay the defendant’s costs and
- Make sure you receive your maximum entitlement to compensation. We won’t settle for less.
How long will my claim take?
The answer varies depending on the seriousness of the negligence. More essentially, United Solicitors will make sure you get the compensation you deserve.