Radiology is the medical term that refers to any form of diagnostic imaging, such as X-rays, CT scans, ultrasound and MRI scanning. It is used to capture images of parts of the body that are not visible to the eye, in order to diagnose and treat disease or other medical issues.
Radiology plays a fundamental role in the early diagnosis of illness, allowing medical practitioners to identify the disease and treat patients accordingly. Therefore if radiological errors occur, such as a medical practitioner’s failure to interpret scans properly, the consequences can be devastating.
At United Solicitors we have a team of lawyers who specialise in medical negligence claims.
We operate on a No Win, No Fee basis, meaning that there no upfront costs to you. We offer a free initial, no-obligation assessment of your case.
Call us on 0161 225 8181 to discuss your claim, or submit your details below and we’ll call you back at a time convenient for you.
What is classed as a Radiology mistake?
Common examples of radiology errors include:
- Failure to correctly interpret results.
- Failure to act upon results indicated a potential issue.
- Inadequate reporting on results.
- Inadequate examinations and record keeping.
- Lack of communication, leading to vital information not being given to the clinician responsible for the patients’ care.
- Technical issues such as using the incorrect imaging protocol, images taken from the wrong area of the body, or scanning equipment malfunction.
A mistake in radiology can lead to serious illnesses being undiagnosed, the incorrect treatment being administered, and, in the worst-case scenarios, can leave patients facing a terminal illness.
How much compensation will I receive?
There is no hard and fast rule for what your claim may be worth. It depends on the nature and severity of the negligence, and how it has impacted the individual.
How much will it cost to make a claim?
United Solicitors will manage your claim on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis
Why choose us to pursue your claim?
We help thousands of clients per year with their medical negligence claims. We will work hard to get the deserved compensation and we will give you clear, jargon-free advice and guidance so you can be in complete control of your claim.
- Agree to represent you on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis which means you pay nothing to us but you might be liable to pay the defendant costs if you lose and
- Make sure you receive your maximum entitlement to compensation. We won’t settle for less.
How long will my claim take?
The answer varies depending on the seriousness of the negligence. More essentially, United Solicitors will make sure you get the compensation you deserve.