Home>Dispute Resolution>Rental Possessions

Rental Possessions


If you want to repossess your property, you cannot just change the locks. Tenants have a right of occupation and landlords have to make sure they serve the correct notice, issue court proceedings and then obtain a court order.

The Law of Rental Repossession

The majority of private tenancies are assured shorthold tenancies. These can be brought to an end by either a Section 21 notice or by services of a notice under Section 8 of the Housing Act 1988.

Can you help with my rental repossession?

At United Solicitors, we know exactly what to do, and we’re here to help you do it. Helping landlord repossess their property is what our specialist team does best, so you know you can trust us to make things right when everything appears to go wrong!

Do I have to take the matter to court?

This depends on the tenant(s). If the tenant does not voluntarily give up possession, then you must issue a court proceeding in order to gain possessions.

How much will it cost?

From day one, we will seek to give you outstanding value and keep costs to a minimum. We can discuss with you and offer a range of funding options that may be appropriate to your particular case.  Our aim is to ease as much stress and anguish as possible, our team will be on hand to provide support throughout the process.

Why choose us to handle your rental repossession?

We help thousands of clients per year and we will work hard to get you repossession and we will give you clear, jargon-free advice and guidance so you can be in complete control of your case.


Contact Us

+44 161 225 8181

Visit Us

1016-1018 Stockport Road, Levenshulme, Manchester, Lancs, M19 3WN