Contact Us

Charity Worker Visa

You can apply for a Temporary Work – Charity Worker visa if you want to do unpaid voluntary work for a charity. Contact us for a free eligibility assessment.

Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.


Enquiry Form:

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Charity Worker visa (Temporary Work)

The Temporary Work – Charity Worker Visa route is for individuals who wish to undertake voluntary work in the UK for up to 12 months. The Temporary Work – Charity Worker Visa is not a route to settlement, but a partner and children under the age of 18 can apply as dependants on this route.


Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in  Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.

01612258181 or leave your details here for a call back request regarding your immigration matter.


Requirements for a Charity Worker Visa

To qualify for a Charity Worker Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:

  • You are aged 18 or over;
  • The charity work meets certain specified requirements;
  • You hold a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the role;
  • You genuinely intend, and are able, to undertake the role for which you are being sponsored;
  • You satisfy a financial requirement;
  • You have not had permission as a Religious Worker or Charity Worker in the previous 12 months (unless you were not in the UK throughout);
  • You do not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;
  • You have provided a TB certificate if required.

You can contact our top work visa lawyers in Manchester to find out more about the exact requirements for a charity worker visa.

Who is eligible for Charity Worker Visa?

To be eligible for a Temporary Work – Charity Worker visa you must:

  • have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
  • have enough money to support yourself in the UK – you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt)
  • be 18 or over when you apply

Certificate of sponsorship for charity worker visa

You will need a certificate of sponsorship to apply for a Tier 5 Charity Worker Visa. A certificate of sponsorship is a unique reference number that holds information about the job you will do and your personal details.

Your sponsor will give you the certificate of sponsorship.

Your sponsor must be recognised by the UK government to issue certificates of sponsorship. Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months from the date it is assigned to you.

Money to support yourself

You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK.

You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.

Your partner and children will also need to prove they can support themselves while they’re in the UK. 

What if my application for a Charity Worker Visa is refused?

If your application for a Temporary Work – Charity Worker Visa is refused, you cannot appeal the decision, but it may be possible to apply for an Administrative Review of the decision or submit a fresh application.

How to apply for Charity Worker Visa?

If you are seeking entry clearance on a charity worker visa, you will need to make an application online from outside the UK.

Our legal fee

We charge a fixed fee starting from £800 + VAT to £1200 + VAT for our professional legal services in relation to Charity Worker visa application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.

How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?

Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.

  • Detailed immigration advice
  • List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
  • Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
  • Remote & face to face service
  • Submission of your immigration application after your approval
  • We book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics
  • We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
  • We upload all the supporting documents
  • Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
  • We keep you updated with every stage of your application
  • 24/7 support in urgent matters

Call us for a free legal advice

0161 225 8181

Or ask a question to our Injury solicitor

Charity Worker Visa