EU Settlement Scheme
Our specialist immigration solicitors in Manchester can help EU citizens to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) to continue living in the UK post Brexit.
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
EU Settlement Scheme
The EU Settlement Scheme is open to resident EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and their family members who started living in the UK by 31 December 2020 and who wish to remain in the UK after 30 June 2021.
If you’re from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein, you and your family might be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.
Our highly experienced immigration lawyers have helped over a thousand of clients for EU Settlement Scheme Applications.
Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.
Deadline For EU Settlement Scheme
Requirements For Late Applications (Applications After Deadline)
- you were their family member by 31 December 2020 (this does not apply to children born or adopted after this date)
- the family relationship still exists when you apply
Who Has A Later Deadline To Apply For EU Settlement Scheme?
For some people, the deadline of 30 June 2021 does not apply. This is true if you’re one of the following:
- the family member of someone from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein who was living here by 31 December 2020, and you join them in the UK on or after 1 April 2021
- applying for your child, who was born or adopted in the UK on or after 1 April 2021
- the family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland, but they could not move back to the UK by 31 December 2020 without you – you must be from outside the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
- exempt from immigration control, or you stopped being exempt from immigration control after 30 June 2021
- here with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK (for example, if you’re here on a work or study visa) which expires after 30 June 2021
- a family member of a British citizen who you lived within the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein – you must have lived with them in that country by 30 December 2020 and returned to the UK with them
Reasonable Grounds’ For Why You Did Not Apply By The Deadline
If you did not apply by 30 June 2021, or by the deadline for your circumstances if it’s later, you may still be able to apply to the scheme. You will need to have ‘reasonable grounds’ for why you did not apply by the deadline.
There are many different reasons that can be included as reasonable grounds for not applying by the deadline.
There is not a complete list – if you have a reason not listed here, you can still apply and your reason will be considered.
Some reasonable grounds are, for example, if:
- you’re a child, or applying for your child, and you did not know you needed to apply
- your parent, guardian or local authority did not apply for you when you were a child
- you have, or had, a medical condition which prevented you from applying
- you lacked the physical or mental capacity to apply
- you have care or support needs, or those caring for you were unaware of the deadline
- you’ve been the victim of modern slavery
- you’ve been in an abusive or controlling relationship
- you did not have internet access or access to relevant documents
- you came to the UK on a work or study visa and became eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme while you were here, but did not know you could apply
- you already have indefinite leave to enter or remain, and you did not know you could apply to the scheme
- you had permanent residence status or a residence document that stopped being valid after 30 June 2021, and you did not know you needed to apply to the scheme
- you had difficulty accessing support to apply because of coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions
- another compelling practical or compassionate reason prevented you from applying
How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.
- Detailed immigration advice
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
- Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
- Remote & face to face service
- Submission of your
- immigration application after your approval
- We book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics
- We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
- We upload all the supporting documents
- Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
- We keep you updated with every stage of your application
- 24/7 support in urgent matters
Who will be dealing with your Immigration work
Why Choose United Solicitors?
Our top immigration lawyers have over a decade of experience in assisting all types of visa immigration applications at the stage of Home Office, Tribunals and Court of Appeal.
- We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority(SRA).
- We have the best team of qualified immigration solicitors, who are ready to help you round the clock.
- We strive for excellence in client care, and we look after our clients’ interests as if they were ours.
- We have over a decade of experience providing the highest quality immigration advice services.
- We operate a fixed-fee policy, so you know from the start what your final bill looks like.
- You will have direct access to your immigration lawyer upon your formal instructions.
- Our immigration solicitors are well trained, qualified and are kept up to date on all the latest changes in immigration law.
- We assess your circumstances and provide you with a quote for our services if you want to move ahead.
- You pay a 50% deposit of our fee so you never part with all your money.
- We Provide you with a comprehensive checklist of documents according to your circumstances.
- We advise you on the evidence and process of submitting the application from the country you apply from.
- We review all the evidence and suggest any amendments you may require (and/or We draft letters or templates for you where necessary).
- We do not leave any scope for refusal of your application – if there is anything that is of concern, we point this out to you and help you to resolve the issues.
- We fill and prepare the application forms and we always send this for you to review and confirm to avoid any simple mistakes.
- We prepare and finalise your application for submission and book an appointment in the country where you provide your biometrics.
- We prepare detailed representations for the Home Office or UKVI in reference to the Immigration Rules (This is when you pay the rest of our 50% fee); and
- Should there be a delay beyond the processing timings we will chase the application for you.
Get Fast, Professional, and Affordable UK Visas & Immigration Services
Every day we help people like you. With 5-star reviews, our aim is to provide excellent client care and secure your immigration future.
We are the Number 1 choice as an immigration expert. We are available to provide 24/7 services in urgent immigration matters. We handle all types of UK immigration matters including Spouse Visa, Asylum, Immigration Bail, Sponsor Licence Applications, Appeals, and Judicial Reviews.