Contact Us

Student Visa UK

Do you want to apply for a Student visa theUK? Our student visa advisor in Manchester can assist international students with their UK student visa applications.

Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.


Enquiry Form:

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Student Visa UK to Study In the UK

You can apply for a student visa or child student visa if you are looking to come to the UK for higher education. The student visas allow you to study in the UK on a short or long-term basis depending upon the length of your course or research. You need to apply for a general student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over.

Tier 4 (General) visa has been replaced by a student visa. The student visa provides the holder with the temporary right to live and study in the UK. If you are from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein and you started living in the UK before 31 December 2020 you should make an application under the EU settlement scheme. If you are coming to the UK from 1 January 2021 you will need to apply for a student visa.

Our exceptionally experienced student visa solicitors are experts in assisting students and academic institutions on all student visa matters. Our student visa specialists have helped thousands of clients with student visa applications.

Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.

You can contact us on 01612258181 or leave your details here for a call back request regarding your immigration matter.

Admission Offer Letter

We are a registered partner with various educational consultants and therefore we can get you the admission offer letter directly from the University. You can email your educational documents to for a free assessment of your student visa application.

Free Admission Assessment

Our immigration solicitors specialise in UK student visas and have years of experience in dealing with UK student visas. Therefore, our solicitors can conduct a free admission assessment based on your educational documents.

Student Visa Applications

We deal with all types of UK student visas related applications including Short-term study visas, extensions of the student visas, switch into student visas and so on. Below is a list of some common applications for UK student visas:

Family Members

Your partner and children (‘dependants’) may be able to apply to come to the UK or stay longer in the UK. You must be one of the following:
  • a full-time student on a postgraduate level course (RQF level 7 or above) that lasts 9 months or longer
  • a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
  • a Doctorate Extension Scheme student
Our specialists team of family members visas can help you to come to the UK as a dependant of an international student and our solicitors can help you to make the following applications:

Who Can Apply For Student Visa?

You can apply for a student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

  • have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor
  • have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course- the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
  • can speak, read, write, and understand English
  • have consent from your parents if you’re 16 or 17 – you’ll need evidence of this when you apply

What Are The Requirements For UK Student Visa?

You must meet the following requirements for a UK student visa:

  • Have been offered a place at a UK higher educational institution which is a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor
  • Have a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number from your UK educational institution
  • Meet minimum financial requirements to live, pay tuition, and cover expenses while in the UK
  • Have proof of English language proficiency (there are some exceptions):
  • Nationality from an English-speaking country, or
  • An accepted English language degree, or
  • Successfully passing an accredited English language test

In addition, your course must meet the criteria. You can attend the following on a Tier 4 (General) Visa:

  • a full-time course that leads to at least a Level 6 qualification on the Ofqual register
  • a part-time course leading to at least Level 7 on the Ofqual register
  • a foreign course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
  • a full-time course, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least Level 3 on the Ofqual register
  • a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist

Maintenance Requirement For Student Visa UK

You’ll need to show you have enough money to support yourself – unless you’ve been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months on the date of your application. How much money you need depends on where you will be studying. You’ll need either:
  • £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London
  • £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London
If you’re boarding at a residential independent school, you’ll need to pay boarding fees instead. The amount you need to pay will be on your CAS.London means the City of London and the 32 London boroughs.

What Documents Are Required For UK Student Visa?

When you apply for your student visa you must provide:

  • a current passport or other valid travel documentation
  • a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider

You may also need to provide:

  • proof you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
  • a valid ATAS certificate if your course and nationality require it
  • proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
  • proof of your relationship to your parent or guardian if you’re under 18
  • your tuberculosis test results
  • written consent for your application from your financial sponsor if you’ve received sponsorship for your course fees and living costs in the last 12 months

Extend Student Visa

  • You may be able to extend your Student visa to stay longer and continue your course or study a new course. This includes if you currently have a Tier 4 (General) student visa.
    To extend your visa you must:
  • be in the UK on a Student visa or a Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed student sponsor – shown by your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
  • show that your studies are at a higher academic level than your current course (called the ‘academic progress requirement’) – there are some exceptions

If you’ve been in the UK with a valid visa for less than 12 months, you’ll need to prove you have enough money to support yourself in the UK.

Your partner or children will need to apply separately to extend their visa. They can either apply at the same time as you, or at any time before their current visa expires.

Switch to Student Visa

You may be able to switch to a student visa if you already have permission to be in the UK.
You cannot switch to this visa if you have one of the following visas:

  • a visit visa
  • a short-term student visa
  • a Parent of a Child Student visa
  • a seasonal worker visa
  • a domestic worker in a private household visa
  • leave outside the immigration rules


What Can I Do If My Student Visa Is Refused?

There is no right of appeal in student visa refusal, but you can challenge UK student visa refusal by way of Administrative Review (AR). Our student visa experts can help you to make the following applications if your student visa application is refused:

Our Fees

We charge a fixed fee starting from £600 to £900 for our professional legal services in relation to UK student visa applications. The agreed fixed-fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.

In case of refusal, we charge a fixed fee starting from £700 to £1000 to challenge visa refusal.

How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?

Why choose United Solicitors for divorce and family law matters?

Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.

  • Detailed immigration advice
  • List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
  • Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
  • Remote & face to face service
  • Submission of your immigration application after your approval
  • We book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics
  • We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
  • We upload all the supporting documents
  • Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
  • We keep you updated with every stage of your application
  • 24/7 support in urgent matters

Who will be dealing with your Immigration work

Our Immigration team of solicitors have more than 15 years’ experience in dealing with immigration matters. The team is headed up by Mr Muhammad Shahid who is Managing Director and Supervisor and his team consists of Mr M Usman Rasheed (Solicitor) and Mr M M Ilyas (Solicitor).

Why Choose United Solicitors?

Our top immigration lawyers have over a decade of experience in assisting all types of visa immigration applications at the stage of Home Office, Tribunals and Court of Appeal.

  1. We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority(SRA).
  2. We have the best team of qualified immigration solicitors, who are ready to help you round the clock.
  3. We strive for excellence in client care, and we look after our clients’ interests as if they were ours.
  4. We have over a decade of experience providing the highest quality immigration advice services.
  5. We operate a fixed-fee policy, so you know from the start what your final bill looks like.
  6. You will have direct access to your immigration lawyer upon your formal instructions.
  7. Our immigration solicitors are well trained, qualified and are kept up to date on all the latest changes in immigration law.
  8. We assess your circumstances and provide you with a quote for our services if you want to move ahead.  
  9. You pay a 50% deposit of our fee so you never part with all your money. 
  10. We Provide you with a comprehensive checklist of documents according to your circumstances. 
  11. We advise you on the evidence and process of submitting the application from the country you apply from. 
  12. We review all the evidence and suggest any amendments you may require (and/or We draft letters or templates for you where necessary).
  13. We do not leave any scope for refusal of your application – if there is anything that is of concern, we point this out to you and help you to resolve the issues.  
  14. We fill and prepare the application forms and we always send this for you to review and confirm to avoid any simple mistakes.
  15. We prepare and finalise your application for submission and book an appointment in the country where you provide your biometrics.  
  16. We prepare detailed representations for the Home Office or UKVI in reference to the Immigration Rules (This is when you pay the rest of our 50% fee); and 
  17. Should there be a delay beyond the processing timings we will chase the application for you.

Get Fast, Professional, and Affordable UK Visas & Immigration Services

United Solicitors are specialist immigration solicitors helping companies and individuals with complex immigration cases. We have over a decade of experience in dealing with UK immigration matters including corporate immigration.
For advice and guidance on your specific requirements, please book an appointment or call us on 01612258181.

Every day we help people like you. With 5-star reviews, our aim is to provide excellent client care and secure your immigration future.

We are the Number 1 choice as an immigration expert. We are available to provide 24/7 services in urgent immigration matters. We handle all types of UK immigration matters including Spouse Visa, Asylum, Immigration Bail, Sponsor Licence Applications, Appeals, and Judicial Reviews.

Student Visa UK