UK Visitor Visas
To make a successful UK Visitor visa application, you must meet all the eligibility requirements and need to submit all the supporting documents.
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
UK Visitor Visa
A UK visitor visa allows you to travel to the UK for a short term stay of up to 6 months and can be used for leisure and business, among other reasons.
If you are looking to come to the UK for a short term stay in the UK, then the standard visitor visa (UK) is the visa you will need to apply for. You must meet the requirements of Appendix V under the Immigration Rules to satisfy that you are a genuine visitor in the UK.
If you want to apply for a UK Visitor visa, speak to our immigration solicitors for case assessment, eligibility requirements and supporting documents.
UK Visitor visa applications
Expert UK immigration solicitors at United Solicitors deal with all types of UK visitor visa applications including appeals against the refusal of a UK visitor visa.
Below is a list of some common types of UK Visitor visa applications:
You must meet the basic eligibility requirements to apply for a UK Visitor visa and must show that:
- you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- you’re able to support yourself and your dependants during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you);
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey);
- you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home;
You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.
What documents are required?
Below is a general document checklist that is usually required for UK Standard Visitor visa applications:
- Current valid passport of the applicant;
- The dates you’re planning to travel to the UK;
- Where you’ll be staying during your visit;
- How much you think your trip will cost;
- Your current home address and how long you’ve lived there;
- your parents’ names and dates of birth (if known);
- how much you earn in a year (if you have an income);
- details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you may have committed.
Depending on your circumstances, you might also need to provide additional documents such as details of your travel history for the past 10 years, a certificate proving that you’ve had a tuberculosis (TB) test etc.
How much is the UK Standard Visitor visa fee?
The Home Office fees for a Standard Visitor visa application is £100 (6 Month visa). If you visit the UK regularly you can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa instead.
Appeal against UK Visitor visa refusal
You cannot challenge or appeal against the refusal of the UK Visitor visa application. However, if you think that your visitor visa application has been wrongly or unlawfully refused then you can challenge the refusal of a UK visitor visa by way of the Pre-action Protocol (PAP) and Judicial Review (JR).
Our highly experienced immigration solicitors can provide legal assistance to you to challenge the visitor visa refusal by the way of the Pre-Action Protocol (PAP) followed by a Judicial Review application in the Upper Tribunal.
Applying for a UK Visit visa after refusal
In some cases, the best option is to re-apply for a UK visitor visa rather than challenging the previous refusal.
When you apply for a UK Visit visa after refusal, you will need to address the previous refusal letter so that the chances of success of the fresh application are maximum.
Our expert visitor visa solicitors can help you to re-apply for a UK visitor visa and we will also address the previous refusal letter so that the chances of success are maximized.
UK Visitor visa solicitor fees
Our immigration solicitors charge a fixed fee starting from £700 – £1200 for our professional legal services in relation to UK visitor visa applications. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
In case of visitor visa refusal, we charge £600 – £2000 to challenge the refusal letter.
How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.
- Detailed immigration advice
- List of documents and assessment ofsupporting documents
- Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
- Remote & face to face service
- Submission of your immigration application after your approval
- We book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics
- We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
- We upload all the supporting documents
- Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
- We keep you updated with every stage of your application
- 24/7 support in urgent matters