Marriage Visitor Visa UK 2023
To make a successful UK Marriage Visitor visa application, you must meet all the UK Marriage Visitor visa requirements 2023 and submit all supporting documents.
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
UK Marriage Visitor Visa
You can apply for a UK Marriage Visitor visa if you’re over 18 and want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival.
Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.
You can contact us on 01612258181 or leave your details here for a call back request regarding your immigration matter.
What is a Marriage Visitor visa UK?
A Marriage Visitor visa allows you to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival. You must use a venue licensed for this purpose.
UK Marriage Visitor visas are only granted for a maximum of 6 months, after which you are required to leave the UK.
You must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if:
- you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
- you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK
- you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
You do not need a Marriage Visitor visa to convert your civil partnership into a marriage – you can apply for a Standard Visitor visa.
What are the requirements to apply for a Marriage Visitor visa?
You must prove that:
- you’re 18 or over
- you’re free to give notice of marriage, to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival
- you’re in a genuine relationship
- you’re visiting the UK for less than 6 months
- you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
- you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home
- you’re able to support yourself during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you)
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)
- you have proof of any other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules
You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.
What documents are required for a UK Marriage Visitor visa?
The following supporting documents are required for the UK Marriage Visitor visa application:
- Your current valid passport or other valid travel document.
- Details of the marriage or civil partnership and proof that you’ve paid money for some of its costs.
- Proof that you’re planning to get married in the UK, for example, booking confirmation or emails between you and the venue.
- You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
You must also submit all the other supporting documents depending upon your personal circumstances.
UK Marriage Visitor visa processing time 2022
In 2022, Home Office is taking 4-6 weeks to process a UK Marriage Visitor visa application however, you may get a faster decision from the Home Office in a straightforward case.
How long does it take to process the Marriage Visitor visa application?
Marriage Visitor visa applications usually take weeks once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents.
UK Marriage Visitor visa solicitor fees
Our immigration solicitors charge a fixed fee starting from £700 – £1200 for our professional legal services in relation to UK Marriage Visitor visa applications. The agreed fixed-fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
In case of visitor visa refusal, we charge £800 – £1400 to challenge the refusal letter.
How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.
- Detailed immigration advice
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
- Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
- Remote & face to face service
- Submission of your immigration application after your approval
- We book an appointment for you to enroll your biometrics
- We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
- We upload all the supporting documents
- Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
- We keep you updated with every stage of your application
- 24/7 support in urgent matters