Contact Us

Non-Molestation & Occupation Orders

If you need help with Non-Molestation & Occupation Orders then speak to our highly experienced divorce & family law solicitors in Manchester to get free advice.

Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.


Enquiry Form:

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Non-Molestation & Occupation Orders

Non- molestation order prevents your partner or a family member from molesting you or your children. Molesting means harassing or interfering with you or your children in some way and also includes assault. The order can also extend to cover anyone that the perpetrator of violence tells to molest, harass, pester or be violent towards you or your children.

Occupation orders are orders which decide who should carry on living in the home in the short-term after there has been violence or harassment.

As well as supporting you to live your life without fear and intimidation we provide you with specialist advice and assistance in order to be able to protect yourself and your children against a violent partner, ex-partner or family member through obtaining a non-molestation order and or an occupation order.

Here at United Solicitors, our experienced team of family solicitors can advise and guide you through obtaining the necessary Court order.

No matter where you live, we can provide the required legal services remotely. At our office, 80% of our cases are being handled without the need for our clients to visit our office.

At What Point Should I Apply For A Non-Molestation Order?

At the risk of over simplifying things – the answer here is as soon as possible. Abuse can escalate very quickly. More importantly, children that witness domestic abuse are facing a major emotional trauma, and they need to be protected from that at the earliest available opportunity.

Does A Non-Molestation Order Ever Expire?

Yes it does. A Non-Molestation Order is always granted with a specific time period – typically 12 months, although there are numerous cases of both shorter and longer periods being granted. If towards the end of the order, but before it expires, the applicant feels that they require further legal protection, they can always ask for the order to be extended. If the order expires, then a fresh application will have to be made.

If, towards the end of the order, the applicant still feels that they require legal protection, they can ask for the order to be extended.

Why choose United Solicitors for divorce and family law matters?

United Solicitors is one of the top family law firms in Manchester with almost 14 years of experience. We have the best team of family lawyers, who are always ready to tackle any difficult situation you may face with your partner or in relation to your children.

Whatever your legal needs, our family lawyers will support you and fight to protect your best interests. Our team includes expert negotiators, able to help you to find an agreement that suits everyone, keeping disputes out of court where possible.

If your case does have to go to court, we will be by your side every step of the way. We have experience in taking cases all the way to the Supreme Court if needed, so you can trust that we have the expertise needed to get the best outcome for you.

Contact our family law solicitor on 0161 225 8181 to get reliable & confidential legal advice and assistance with a divorce or any other family law matter.

For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.

Fixed fee family solicitors

Our fixed fee divorce and family law solicitors can represent you in your divorce and family law matter on a fixed fee basis with flexible payments. We accept payment of our affordable fixed fees by instalments.

If you don’t want to instruct on a fixed fee basis, we can also take your matter on an hourly rate basis.

Call us for a free legal advice

0161 225 8181

Or ask a question to our Injury solicitor

Non-Molestation & Occupation Orders