UK Visitor Visa From India
If you want to apply for a UK visitor visa from India, our immigration solicitors in Manchester can provide legal assistance with your tourist visa application.
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
UK Visitor Visa From India
You can apply for a UK Visitor visa from India for tourism, leisure, to see your family & friends, short-term business needs, or medical treatment and more.
You can stay in the UK for up to six months on a UK Standard Visitor visa. You can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa if you visit the UK regularly. This visa lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.
Speak to our highly experienced immigration solicitors in Manchester, UK to learn more about how to apply for a visitor visa from India and visa requirements.
Requirements for a UK Visitor visa
You must meet the eligibility requirements to visit the UK and you must show that:
- Genuine intention to leave the UK after your trip;
- Sufficient funds available to support yourself and your dependants during your trip;
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey;
- you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home.
You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.
UK Visitor visa bank statement requirement
You must have at least £3500 or more in your bank account if applying for a UK Visitor visa from India. The last six months’ bank statements are required to apply for a UK Standard Visitor visa.
Documents checklist for a UK Visitor visa from India
Below is a general document checklist that is usually required for UK Standard Visitor visa applications from India:
- Valid passport;
- Proof of sufficient funds to support your trip (e.g. bank statement);
- Proof of your annual income (e.g. payslips & employer details);
- Accommodation arrangements (your address while in the UK);
- Your travel dates to and from the UK (e.g. return flight tickets);
- Your current home address and how long you’ve lived there;
- Your parents’ names and dates of birth (if known);
- Details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you may have committed.
Depending on your circumstances, you might also need to provide additional documents such as details of your travel history for the past 10 years, a certificate proving that you’ve had a tuberculosis (TB) test etc.
Processing time for a UK Visitor visa from India
Currently, the processing time for a UK Visitor visa from India is 3-7 weeks from the date of your appointment at the visa application centre however some applications might take longer.
It’s currently taking 7 weeks on average to get a decision on Standard Visitor visas from India.
UK Visitor visa from India fees
The Standard Visitor visa fee from India is £100 (6 Month visa). If you visit the UK regularly you can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa instead.
|Fee||Maximum length of stay|
|Standard Visitor visa||£100||6 months|
|Standard Visitor visa for medical reasons||£200||11 months|
|Standard Visitor visa for academics||£200||12 months|
|2 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£376||6 months per visit|
|5 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£670||6 months per visit|
|10 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£837||6 months per visit|
You will not get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or if your application is refused.
Immigration Solicitor Fees & Costs
Our immigration solicitors charge a fixed fee from £700 – £1200 for legal professional services in relation to UK Standard Visitor visa applications from India.
The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
Why choose us for your UK Visitor visa application?
UK Immigration law is an extremely fast-changing and complex area of law. There are high chances of getting a visa refusal if you are not fully aware of relevant immigration law(s) and eligibility criteria.
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your Standard Visitor visa application process including legal advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents. We will carry out all the work such as:
- Detailed immigration advice;
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents provided by you;
- Preparation and submission of your application after your approval;
- Book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics;
- Preparation of our legal representations/cover letter;
- Upload all the supporting documents;
- Keep you updated with every stage of your application.