Standard Visitor Visa
Apply for a UK Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for a short term stay (up to 6 months). Our solicitors can help with visitor visa applications.
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
Standard Visitor Visa UK
The Standard Visitor visa UK allows you to visit the UK for tourism, leisure, to see your family & friends, short term business needs, or medical treatment.
You need to apply for a UK Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for a short-term stay (up to 6 months). You can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa if you visit the UK regularly. This visa lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit.
Best Immigration Solicitors For UK Visitor Visa Applications
As one of the best immigration solicitors for UK visitor visa applications, we provide expert legal advice and assistance concerning all types of visitor visa applications.
Speak to our highly experienced immigration solicitors in Manchester to learn more about how to apply for visitor visa to visit the UK and the requirements to make a successful visitor visa application.
What are the requirements to apply for Standard Visitor visa UK?
You must meet the basic eligibility requirements to visit the UK and you must show that:
- you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- you’re able to support yourself and your dependants during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you);
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey);
- you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home;
What documents are required for the UK Standard Visitor visa application?
Below is a general document checklist that is usually required for UK Standard Visitor visa applications:
- Current valid passport of the applicant;
- The dates you’re planning to travel to the UK;
- Where you’ll be staying during your visit;
- How much you think your trip will cost;
- Your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
- your parents’ names and dates of birth (if known)
- how much you earn in a year (if you have an income)
- details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you may have committed
Depending on your circumstances, you might also need to provide additional documents such as details of your travel history for the past 10 years, a certificate proving that you’ve had a tuberculosis (TB) test etc.
How long does it take to process the UK Visitor visa application?
UK Standard Visitor visa applications usually take 3 weeks once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents.
It’s currently taking 6 weeks on average to get a decision on Standard Visitor visas.
Challenge UK Visitor visa refusal
Our exceptionally experienced team of UK visitor visas can help you to challenge the visitor visa refusal by the way of the Pre-Action Protocol (PAP) followed by a Judicial Review application in the Upper Tribunal.
Our highly experienced visitor visa solicitors have a proven track record to overturn many visitor visa refusals at the Pre-Action Protocol (PAP) stage. The Home Office is required to respond to our PAP letter within 14 days after the submission.
Re-apply UK Visitor visa after refusal
In some cases, the best option is to re-apply for a UK visitor visa rather than challenging the previous refusal. You will need to address the previous refusal letter in your fresh application so that the chances of success of the fresh application are maximum. Our expert visitor visa solicitors can help you to re-apply for a UK visitor visa and we will also address the previous refusal letter so that the chances of success are maximized.
How much is the UK Standard Visitor visa fee?
The Home Office fees for a Standard Visitor visa application is £100 (6 Month visa). If you visit the UK regularly you can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa instead.
|Fee||Maximum length of stay|
|Standard Visitor visa||£100||6 months|
|Standard Visitor visa for medical reasons||£200||11 months|
|Standard Visitor visa for academics||£200||12 months|
|2 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£376||6 months per visit|
|5 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£670||6 months per visit|
|10 year long-term Standard Visitor visa||£837||6 months per visit|
You will not get a refund of the application fee if you get a shorter visa or if your application is refused.
How much is the immigration solicitor fee for UK Standard Visitor visa?
Our immigration solicitors charge a fixed fee from £700 – £1200 for legal professional services in relation to UK Standard Visitor visa application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
How can we help with your Standard Visitor visa application?
UK Immigration law is an extremely fast-changing and complex area of law. There are high chances of getting a visa refusal if you are not fully aware about relevant immigration law(s) and eligibility criteria.
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your Standard Visitor visa application process including legal advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents. We will carry out all the work such as:
- Detailed immigration advice;
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents provided by you;
- Preparation and submission of your application after your approval;
- Book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics;
- Preparation of our legal representations/cover letter;
- Upload all the supporting documents;
- Keep you updated with every stage of your application;