Medical Visitor Visa UK
Apply for a UK Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for medical reasons such as private medical treatment at a hospital or other medical facility.
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
Medical Visitor Visa UK
You can visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for medical reasons. To apply for a medical visitor visa, you must meet the eligibility requirements for a standard visitor visa.
You can visit the UK for up to 6 months to:
- have private medical treatment at a hospital or other medical facility
- have treatment at an NHS hospital, as long as the care is paid for by your own government under a reciprocal healthcare arrangement
- donate an organ to a family member or close friend – this includes being assessed for suitability as a donor match
Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.
You can contact us on 01612258181 or leave your details here for a call back request regarding your immigration matter.
You must be able to provide that you:
- have a medical illness that needs private consultation or treatment in the UK
- have made the relevant arrangements for private consultation or treatment
- have sufficient funds to pay for your private treatment
- will return to your country of nationality after the treatment
To apply for a private medical visitor visa, you must provide the following documents:
- A Valid passport with an empty page for the endorsement of a medical visitor visa
- Letter by a doctor or consultant confirming the medical condition, the estimated cost, likely duration of the treatment, and when and where the treatment will take place
You can visit the UK for treatment at an NHS hospital. Your treatment must be paid for by your own government under a reciprocal healthcare arrangement.
What if the treatment lasts longer than 6 months?
If your medical treatment lasts longer than 6 months, you can apply for a medical visitor visa, which lasts for up to 11 months and costs £200.
Refusal of Medical Visitor visa
If your private medical visitor visa has been refused, our immigration lawyers can challenge the same via Judicial Review. Before proceeding with the judicial review, we will submit a letter before claim (PAP) challenging the refusal letter.
Our immigration solicitors charge a fixed fee from £800 – £1200 for legal professional services in relation to UK Standard Visitor visa application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
How can we help with your Standard Visitor visa application?
UK Immigration law is an extremely fast-changing and complex area of law. There are high chances of getting a visa refusal if you are not fully aware of relevant immigration law(s) and eligibility criteria.
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your Standard Visitor visa application process including legal advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents. We will carry out all the work such as:
- Detailed immigration advice;
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents provided by you;
- Preparation and submission of your application after your approval;
- Book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics;
- Preparation of our legal representations/cover letter;
- Upload all the supporting documents;
- Keep you updated with every stage of your application;