ILR as an Unmarried Partner
An Unmarried Partner of a British citizen / settled person in the UK can apply for ILR as an Unmarried Partner after completing 5 years of residence in the UK.
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
ILR as an Unmarried Partner under 5 Year Route
You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) as an Unmarried Partner under the 5-year route if you have completed 5 years on an Unmarried Partner visa.
You must apply for ILR as an Unmarried Partner before the expiry of your current Unmarried Partner visa. Under the immigration rules, you can apply for ILR at least 28 days before completing the qualifying period.
Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.
What are the requirements for ILR as an Unmarried Partner?
In order to qualify for a UK Unmarried Partner visa you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you meet the following requirements:
- Your partner is British, holds indefinite leave to remain, limited leave to remain under Appendix EU or limited leave to remain under Appendix ECAA;
- You are both over the age of 18;
- You have met in person and have lived together in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least 2 years;
- Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently;
- Any previous relationships have broken down permanently;
- You will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds;
- There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents;
- You speak and understand English to the required level.
You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.
Financial requirement for ILR as an Unmarried Partner
In order to demonstrate that you can be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds, you will need to satisfy a financial requirement.
The financial requirement for a UK Unmarried Partner visa application state that you will need to demonstrate that your partner (or both of you jointly if you are in the UK with valid leave to remain) has a gross annual income of at least:
- £18,600; plus
- £3,800 for a first child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national); plus
- £2,400 for each additional child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national).
What documents are required for ILR application as an Unmarried Partner?
- Your current passport or other travel documents
- Details of any criminal convictions, if applicable
- Your National Insurance number (if you have one)
- Details of your accommodation in the UK
- Bank statements and details of your salary showing your sponsor can meet the minimum income threshold
- Your sponsor’s British passport or Indefinite Leave to remain documents
- Details of the countries outside the UK you’ve lived in and visited
- Cohabitation evidence
- English language test
- Life in the UK test
You must also submit all the other supporting documents depending upon your personal circumstances.
Super Priority Service for ILR as an Unmarried Partner
As one of the leading immigration lawyers, we are registered with the Home Office and UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service (decision within 24 hours) for ILR application as an Unmarried Partner.
Our immigration solicitors can prepare and submit your ILR application to the Home Office under Super Priority Service so that you can get the decision within 24 hours.
Our legal fee
We charge a fixed fee starting from £1000 – £1200 plus VAT for our professional legal services in relation to ILR application as an Unmarried Partner under 5 year route. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.
- Detailed immigration advice
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
- Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
- Remote & face to face service
- Submission of your immigration application after your approval
- We book an appointment for you to enroll your biometrics
- We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
- We upload all the supporting documents
- Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
- We keep you updated with every stage of your application
- 24/7 support in urgent matters