Visa Fee Waiver Applications
You can make a fee waiver application if you cannot afford to pay the Home Office visa application fee and the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS).
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
Visa Fee Waiver Application To Home Office UKVI
Fees for immigration applications and immigration health surcharge has increased sharply recently.
If you cannot afford to pay the Home Office application fee and the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), you can make an application for a fee waiver. Home Office’s decision-makers are required to consider your personal circumstances before deciding your fee waiver request.
Home Office / UKVI can waive the Home Office fee, or the IHS or both.
Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.
Call us on 01612258181 to discuss your claim, or submit your details below and we’ll call you back at a time convenient for you.
Who can qualify for a fee waiver application?
You can only apply for fee waiver applications for human rights-based immigration applications.
Here are various applications eligible for a fee waiver are:
- FLR (M) under 5 years route and 10 years partner route
- FLR (FP) Private and Family route
- applications for permission to remain under the five-year and ten-year parent route
- Discretionary leave applications
- Further extension by those who already hold discretionary leave
- Victims of trafficking or slavery
- Victims of domestic violence who hold spousal entry clearance or leave to remain
What are the criteria for a fee waiver application?
After recent case laws, Home Office’s latest fee waiver policy dated 5 March 2021 finally reflects the position accurately. An applicant must show only one of the following:
- They cannot afford all or part of the fees
- They are already destitute (cannot meet essential or accommodation needs)
- They are at risk of imminent destitution or would become destitute if they paid all or part of the fees
- Their income is not sufficient to meet their child’s particular and essential additional needs
How to apply for a fee waiver application?
Fee waiver requests are made online before the application for permission to remain is made.
What happens after the fee waiver application is granted?
If your fee waiver application is granted, you will be given 10 working days to submit your leave to remain application to use the fee waiver code. After 10 working days, the fee waiver code will expire.
What if the fee waiver application is refused?
If your fee waiver application is refused, you will have 10 working days to make your paid leave to remain application to retain 3C leave.
- Firstly, whether, in the circumstances of the case, the ECHR Article 8 right to respect for private and family life is engaged
- Secondly, whether there are exceptional circumstances that would render refusal a breach of Article 8 because it would result in unjustifiably harsh consequences for the applicant, or their family Article 8 protects the right to respect for private and family life.
How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.
- Detailed immigration advice
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
- Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
- Remote & face to face service
- Submission of your immigration application after your approval
- We book an appointment for you to enroll your biometrics
- We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
- We upload all the supporting documents
- Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
- We keep you updated with every stage of your application
- 24/7 support in urgent matters