Contact Us

Civil Partner Visa UK

You can apply for a Civil Partner Visa UK if you are a civil partner of a British citizen or person with Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK.

Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.


Enquiry Form:

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Civil Partner Visa UK

The Civil Partner visa will allow you to enter and remain in the UK as a civil partner of a British citizen. You can switch from a proposed civil partner visa to a civil partner visa if you are already in the UK.

The Civil Partner visa application will be considered under Appendix FM of the immigration rules. If you meet all the requirements under Appendix FM of the immigration rules, you will be granted 2.5 years leave to remain under 5 years route to settlement and then after 5 years, you will be eligible to apply for ILR.

You can contact us on 01612258181 or leave your details here for a call back request regarding your immigration matter.

Expert Civil Partner Visa Solicitors

Our exceptionally skilled civil partner visa solicitors can provide detailed immigration advice and representations regarding your civil partner visa application. Our civil partner visa lawyers in Manchester provide fast, professional, and affordable immigration services worldwide.

Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.

Requirements For Civil Partner Visa

You must meet all the following requirements under Appendix FM to apply proposed civil partner visa to enter in the UK:

  1. You must have met each other;
  2. You must be in the UK with valid leave to remain;
  3. You must have the intention to live together in the UK;
  4. Evidence of civil partnership;
  5. You must meet financial requirements under Appendix FM;
  6. You must meet the English language requirement; and
  7. You must have adequate accommodation to live with your UK spouse without recourse to public funds.

Financial requirement for Civil Partner Visa

To demonstrate that you can be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds, you must satisfy the financial requirement as required under Appendix FM.

The financial requirement for the civil partner visa is that you will need to demonstrate that your partner (or both of you jointly if you are in the UK with valid leave to remain) has a gross annual income of at least:

  • £18,600; plus
  • £3,800 for a first child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national); plus
  • £2,400 for each additional child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national).

You may be able to seek exemption from the financial requirements under special circumstances.

Adequate Accommodation for Civil Partner Visa

Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules say the applicant must provide evidence:

  • To show they can maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to the public funds. And
  • There will be adequate accommodation in the UK, for themselves and/or family, without recourse to public funds. This includes any family members not included in the application, but who live in the same household.

Accommodation will not be adequate if:

  • it is overcrowded
  • it contravenes public health regulations.

Challenge Civil Partner Visa Refusal

There are many reasons why a civil partner visa application may be refused or rejected. To curtail fraudulent ‘sham’ relationships,’ the Home Office, UKVI closely scrutinises civil partner visa applicants. Even though you won’t receive a refund for your refused application, you may still be able to appeal the Home Office’s decision and overturn the original application. It doesn’t matter if you began your application alone or with a third-party immigration consultant. We are here to assist you when you submit your appeal.

Super Priority Service For Civil Partner Visa

As specialist civil / spouse partner visa solicitors based in Manchester, we are registered with the Home Office, UKVI and its commercial partner UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service. Under Super Priority Service, you will get the decision within 24 hours.

Our team of civil / spouse visa lawyers can prepare and submit your spouse visa application under super priority service to get a faster decision.

Our Legal Fee

We charge a fixed fee starting from £800 + VAT to £1200 + VAT for our professional legal services in relation to the Civil Partner Visa UK application. The agreed fixed-fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.

How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?

Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.

  • Detailed immigration advice
  • List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
  • Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
  • Remote & face to face service
  • Submission of your immigration application after your approval
  • We book an appointment for you to enroll your biometrics
  • We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
  • We upload all the supporting documents
  • Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
  • We keep you updated with every stage of your application
  • 24/7 support in urgent matters

Call us for a free legal advice

0161 225 8181

Or ask a question to our Injury solicitor

Civil Partner Visa UK