Contact Us

Unmarried Partner Visa UK (5-Year Route)

You can apply for the UK Unmarried Partner visa under the 5-year route if you are in a relationship with a person who is present and settled in the UK.

Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.


Enquiry Form:

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Unmarried Partner Visa UK (5-Year Route)

The Unmarried Partner visa allows the unmarried partner to enter or remain in the UK on the basis that they are in a relationship with a person who is present and ‘settled in the UK’. ‘Settled in the UK’ means that you are ordinarily resident in the UK with no immigration restrictions on the length of your stay.

The Unmarried Partner visa applies to both heterosexual and same-sex relationships if you can prove that your relationship is subsisting and has been in existence for two or more years.

UK unmarried partner visa leads to settlement, meaning that after staying in the UK as an unmarried partner of a British Citizen/settled person, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain. You will need to meet the requirements of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules to make an unmarried partner visa application.

As UK unmarried partner visa specialists, we can provide detailed immigration advice after assessing your immigration history. We can prepare your immigration application and submit it to the Home Office as your acting immigration solicitors.

Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.

You can contact us on 01612258181 or leave your details here for a call back request regarding your immigration matter.

UK Unmarried Partner Visa Requirements

To qualify for a UK unmarried partner visa, you must satisfy the following requirements:

  • You and your spouse must be 18 years old or over.
  • You must have lived two or more years together before making the application.
  • You must intend to live together permanently.
  • You must have enough money to support yourselves (and any dependents) without claiming public funds.
  • Your sponsoring partner must earn more than £18,600 per year or have enough savings to be able to sponsor you. The minimum financial requirement is higher if they are also sponsoring dependent children.
  • You must have suitable accommodation for you, your spouse, and any dependents.
  • You must satisfy the English language requirements.

Financial Requirement For A Unmarried Partner Visa

To demonstrate that you can be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds, you must satisfy the financial requirement as required under Appendix FM.

You will need to demonstrate that you or your unmarried partner (or both of you jointly if you are in the UK with valid leave to remain) has a gross annual income of at least:

  • £18,600; plus
  • £3,800 for a first child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national); plus
  • £2,400 for each additional child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national).

You may be able to seek exemption from the financial requirements under special circumstances. Get in touch with our leading immigration lawyers to find out if you need to meet the financial requirement for a spouse visa.

Our Top Unmarried Partner Visa Applications

We are the leading and fastest-growing UK unmarried partner visa solicitors. We offer a wide range of services for UK unmarried partner applications.

Unmarried Partner Visa Entry Clearance

You must apply for entry clearance before you come to the UK if you intend to enter the country based on your relationship with a British national. Our unmarried partner visa lawyers can help you to apply for an Unmarried Partner visa from outside the UK to come and join your UK based unmarried partner. You can book an appointment or call us on 01612258181 for detailed unmarried visa advice.

Unmarried Partner Visa Extension After 2.5 Years

If you are in the UK as an unmarried partner of a British Citizen / settled person, you will need to extend your UK unmarried partner visa to remain lawful in the UK. Our team of unmarried partner visa solicitors can help you to extend your UK spouse application under super priority service.

Unmarried Partner Visa ILR Application

If you have completed 5 years in the UK as an unmarried partner of a British Citizen / settled person, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) to settle permanently in the UK.

Our ILR specialist immigration solicitors can guide you through the complex immigration rules and requirements before making an application for ILR as an unmarried partner of a British Citizen.

Challenge Unmarried Partner Visa Refusal

There are many reasons why an unmarried partner visa application may be refused or rejected. To curtail fraudulent ‘sham’ relationships,’ the Home Office, UKVI closely scrutinises unmarried partner Visa applicants. Even though you won’t receive a refund for your refused application, you may still be able to appeal the Home Office’s decision and overturn the original application. It doesn’t matter if you began your application alone or with a third-party immigration consultant. We are here to assist you when you submit your appeal.

10-Year Unmarried Partner Visa To 5-Year Unmarried Partner Visa

Are you on a 10-years unmarried partner visa route and looking to switch to 5-years unmarried partner route? Our immigration specialists can help you to switch from a 10-year unmarried partner route to 5-years unmarried partner route under super priority service.

Super Priority Service For Unmarried Partner Visa Application

As specialist unmarried partner visa solicitors based in Manchester, we are registered with the Home Office, UKVI and its commercial partner UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service. Under Super Priority Service, you will get the decision within 24 hours.

Our team of unmarried visa lawyers can prepare and submit your unmarried partner visa application under super priority service to get a faster decision.

Our legal fee

We charge a fixed fee starting from £800 + VAT to £1200 + VAT for our professional legal services in relation to Unmarried Partner Visa (5-Year Route) application. The agreed fixed-fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.

How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?

Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.

  • Detailed immigration advice
  • List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
  • Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
  • Remote & face to face service
  • Submission of your immigration application after your approval
  • We book an appointment for you to enroll your biometrics
  • We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
  • We upload all the supporting documents
  • Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
  • We keep you updated with every stage of your application
  • 24/7 support in urgent matters

Call us for a free legal advice

0161 225 8181

Or ask a question to our Injury solicitor

Unmarried Partner Visa UK (5-Year Route)