Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
You can apply for a UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa if you want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years and have certain types of British Nationality.
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa scheme is available for young adults from participating countries and territories only as such Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea, Taiwan.
Many young people from these countries come to the UK, usually after completing university, to work and travel through the UK for a period of up to two years before returning home to ‘settle down’. Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa provides a passage for many young people who look for the work experience in the UK.
Who can apply for Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa?
In order to apply for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa, you must:
- Be aged between the ages of 18 and 30 years; and
- Be a national of one of the current participating countries: Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Taiwan, Monaco; or
- Be a British overseas citizen, British Overseas Territories citizen or British overseas national; and
You may be eligible for a Tier 5 visa if you are from the Republic of Korea or Hong Kong; however, an employer needs to sponsor you. To do this, they will need to hold a Tier 5 Sponsor Licence.
To apply for a Tier 5 visa, you cannot:
- Have children living with you or be financially responsible for a child
- Have been in the UK under the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category or another scheme
A youth mobility visa is considered a temporary work visa and cannot be used towards permanent UK residency.
Our team of work visa solicitors can assess your eligibility for Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa.
Requirements for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa
To qualify for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:
- You are aged between 18 and 30 on the date of the application;
- You are a citizen of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Monaco, Taiwan, the Republic of Korea, or San Marino or are a British Overseas citizen, British Overseas Territories citizen or British National (Overseas) (nb. from 1 January 2022, Indian and Icelandic nationals will also be eligible to apply – see Youth Mobility Scheme Opening to Citizens of India and Iceland);
- If you are a citizen of India applying after 1 January 2022, you hold an education qualification equal to or above RQF level 6 or have a minimum of three years’ work experience in a professional role equivalent to an eligible occupation listed in Appendix Skilled Occupations;
- You have funds of £2,530 which you have held for a 28 day period within the 31 days before your application;
- You do not have any children under 18 who are living with you or are financially dependent on you;
- You have not previously been in the UK on the Youth Mobility Scheme route;
- You have paid the visa application fee and Immigration Health Charge and provided any required biometric information;
- You have taken a tuberculosis test, if required;
- You do not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
What Can I Do If My Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa application is Refused?
Your Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa may be refused, if you fail to put the application together correctly or include the necessary documents, your visa may be denied, leading to wasted time and money. And because the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa is a points-based visa, you will not have a right of appeal.
If your visa is refused, United Solicitors can advise you on the next best steps to take, including Administrative Review of the decision.
Switching Into Another Immigration Category
Prior to your Youth Mobility Scheme visa expiring you may be able to apply from within the UK to switch into another immigration category, such as the Skilled Worker route or the Start-up route. Our immigration solicitors can advise on potential long term immigration routes, including routes which can lead to settlement in the UK.
Our legal fee
We charge a fixed fee starting from £1000 + VAT to £1500 + VAT for our professional legal services in relation to Intra Company Transfer visa application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.
- Detailed immigration advice
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
- Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
- Remote & face to face service
- Submission of your immigration application after your approval
- We book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics
- We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
- We upload all the supporting documents
- Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
- We keep you updated with every stage of your application
- 24/7 support in urgent matters