Parent Of A British Child (5-Year Route)
To make a successful visa application as a parent of a British child under 5 years route, you must meet all the eligibility requirements under Appendix FM.
Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts
Parent Of A British Child (5-Year Route)
Parent of a British child visa route is for a parent who has responsibility for or direct access to their child after the breakdown of the relationship with other parent of the same child. The Parent of a British Child Visa UK permits the parent to live with their child in the United Kingdom.
You can apply for leave to remain as a parent of a British Child under 5 years route to settlement if you meet the relevant requirements under Appendix FM of the immigration rules including adequate maintenance, English, and immigration status requirements. Under 5 Years parent visa route, you will become eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR).
Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.
Parent Of British Child / Settled Child
Here are the basics that every applicant and sponsor should know when the question ‘How to bring parents to the UK?’ or ‘Apply for a Parent of British Child Visa UK’ comes into consideration.
You can apply to come, remain in, or become permanently settled in the UK if you have a child who is a British Citizen. We at United Solicitor can help you to apply for leave to remain in the UK as a parent of a British child under immigration rules. These rules are known as “Appendix FM”.
You will need to have responsibility for or direct access to their child if your relationship with your parent breakdown. The route is also for applicants who:
- have sole parental responsibility of the British child; or
- do not live with the British child (where the child lives with the other parent or carer), but you have direct access (in person) to your British child.
Our services for parent route applications
As specialist parent visa solicitors, we can provide legal services for the following applications:
Relationship requirement under Parent visa route
The child of the applicant must be:
- under the age of 18 at the date of application
- living in the UK
- a British citizen or settled in the UK.
The applicant must have sole parental responsibility for the child, or be the parent or carer the child normally lives with and must be:
- a British citizen or settled in the UK
- not the applicant’s partner
- ineligible for leave to remain as a partner under Appendix FM.
The applicant must provide specified evidence he/she:
- either has the sole parental responsibility for or access rights to the child
- is taking, and intends to continue to take, an active role in the child’s upbringing.
Evidence of direct access to the child for Parent visa route
Under the Immigration Rules the applicant must prove they have access rights to the child by submitting either:
- a residence order or a contact order granted by a court in the UK, or
- a sworn affidavit from the UK resident parent or carer of the child, the affidavit must:
- confirm the parent applying can have access to the child
- describe in detail the arrangements to allow for this, If contact is supervised, the supervisor must swear the statement, and
- be sworn before, and certified by a legal officer.
If the applicant does not have sole parental responsibility for the child, they must supply evidence to show the parent or carer with who the child normally lives with is a British citizen or settled in the UK.
Evidence can include:
- a British passport
- a foreign passport endorsed with ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or ‘no time limit’
- letters from the UK Border Agency confirming that the person is resident in the UK.
Maintenance and Accommodation requirement for parent route visa
Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules say the applicant must provide evidence:
- To show they can maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to the public funds. And
- There will be adequate accommodation in the UK, for themselves and/or family, without recourse to public funds.. This includes any family members not included in the application, but who live in the same household.
Accommodation will not be adequate if:
- it is overcrowded
- it contravenes public health regulations.
English language requirement for parent route visa
The applicant must provide specified evidence that he/she:
- is a national of a majority English speaking country; or
- has passed an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages with a provider approved by the UK Border Agency; or
- has an academic qualification recognised by NARIC UK to be equivalent to the standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English; or
- is exempt from the English language requirement if over the age of 65 or you have a physical or mental condition that prevents you from meeting the requirement.
Call United Solicitors on 0161 225 8181 or contact us online to get in touch with one of our no win no fee solicitors in Manchester to get free legal advice.
Our legal fee
We charge a fixed fee starting from £800 + VAT to £1200 + VAT for our professional legal services in relation to a Parent of a British Child (5-Year Route) visa application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
Super Priority Service for Spouse visa application
As specialist spouse visa solicitors based in Manchester, we are registered with the Home Office, UKVI and its commercial partner UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service. Under Super Priority Service, you will get the decision within 24 hours.
Our team of spouse visa lawyers can prepare and submit your spouse visa application under super priority service to get a faster decision.
Our legal fee
We charge a fixed fee starting from £800 + VAT to £1200 + VAT for our professional legal services in relation to UK Spouse visa application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?
Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.
- Detailed immigration advice
- List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
- Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
- Remote & face to face service
- Submission of your immigration application after your approval
- We book an appointment for you to enrol your biometrics
- We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
- We upload all the supporting documents
- Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
- We keep you updated with every stage of your application
- 24/7 support in urgent matters