Contact Us

Fiance Visa UK & Requirements

To make a successful UK Fiance visa application, you must meet all the Fiance visa requirements 2023 and submit all the required supporting documents.


Enquiry Form: Ask the Experts

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

Fiance Visa UK

If you want to apply for a UK Fiance visa then our immigration solicitors can provide legal advice and assistance with your UK Fiance visa application.

Our highly experienced immigration solicitors based in Levenshulme, Manchester can provide free general immigration advice online via email, online chat, or an enquiry form. For detailed advice, please book an appointment with our expert immigration solicitor today.

You can contact us on 01612258181 or leave your details here for a call back request regarding your immigration matter.

What is a UK Fiancé(e) visa?

The Fiancé(e) visa is designed to enable non-EEA nationals to enter the UK to marry/enter a civil partnership with their UK-based partner and to begin a new life here. If you intend to relocate to the UK to begin a new life with your UK-based partner, you could be eligible for the UK Fiancé(e) visa. The applicant’s partner must be either a UK citizen or a person with settled status in the country.

Fiancé(e) Visas last for 6 months, and they are granted under the assumption that you will marry your partner within the validity period of the visa.

If you want to apply, extend or switch to a UK Fiancé(e) visa then we can provide legal advice and assistance with your UK Fiancé(e) visa application. Contact us for case assessment, eligibility requirements & supporting documents.

Requirements for a UK Fiance visa?

To be eligible for the Fiancé(e) Visa, both you and your partner must meet certain conditions and requirements.

The main eligibility criteria are as follows:

  • Both you and your partner must be at least 18 years old
  • You must be planning to get married within the 6-month validity period of the Fiancé(e) Visa
  • Your partner must be a UK citizen or a person with settled status
  • You must intend to live with your partner in the UK once you are married/in a civil partnership
  • You need to demonstrate that you have the means to financially support yourselves as a couple and won’t become a financial burden on the state. You must have a combined income of at least £18,600 annually
  • You need to show that you have suitable accommodation to live in with your partner and your dependents
  • If you are from a non-English-speaking country, you need to take an approved SELT test to prove that you can understand and communicate in English to the level of A1 as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages

What are the financial requirements for a UK Fiance visa?

You will need to provide evidence that demonstrates that you meet certain minimum financial thresholds.

You need to prove to the Home Office that as a couple you have enough money to support yourselves whilst you are in the UK (as well as any dependents included in your application).

Your combined annual income must be at least £18,600. If you have any child dependents who will be joining you, this sum increases by £3,800 for your first child and £2,400 for each child after your first.

You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.

What is the English language requirement?

If you are from a non-English-speaking country, you will need to fulfil an English language requirement as a Fiancé(e) Visa applicant, unless you are exempt.

You need to demonstrate that your level of English in reading, writing, listening, and speaking is at least to the level of A1 as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.

You will need to pass a SELT test at the level of at least A1 at an approved English language test centre to prove your English language ability.

What is a genuine relationship requirement?

One of the key requirements for a UK Fiancé(e) Visa is the genuine relationship requirement. You must provide sufficient evidence to prove that you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with your UK-based partner. You and your partner must have met in person to apply for a Fiancé(e) visa UK.

What documents are required UK Fiance visa?

You must provide the following documents in support of your application:

  • Your name and date of birth
  • Copies of the photo page of any old passports and visas
  • Information about the relationship you have with your partner. This includes how long you have been together, how you met, and how often you see each other
  • Details of anyone you previously married or had children with
  • Divorce certificates (if applicable)
  • Details of any criminal convictions
  • Details of the countries outside the UK which you have lived in and visited
  • The date of birth and nationality of your parents if you are applying from outside the UK

Appeal against Fiance visa refusal

You can appeal against the refusal of your Fiance visa application within 28 days if you are outside the UK. Our highly experienced family visa lawyers can help you to challenge the Fiancé(e) visa refusal. You can email us the Fiancé(e) visa refusal and book an appointment for detailed immigration advice.

How much does an immigration solicitor cost for a Fiance visa application?

We charge a fixed fee starting from £700-£1000 + VAT for our professional legal services in relation to UK Fiancé(e) visa application. The agreed fixed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.

How Can We Help With Your UK Visa Application?

Our expert UK immigration solicitor will guide you through every step of your application process including advice about legal requirements, eligibility criteria and required documents.

  • Detailed immigration advice
  • List of documents and assessment of supporting documents
  • Direct Access to your case handler and supervisor
  • Remote & face to face service
  • Submission of your immigration application after your approval
  • We book an appointment for you to enroll your biometrics
  • We prepare our legal representations/cover letter
  • We upload all the supporting documents
  • Unlimited chase up letters to the Home Office
  • We keep you updated with every stage of your application
  • 24/7 support in urgent matters

Call us for a free legal advice

0161 225 8181

Or ask a question to our Injury solicitor

Fiance Visa UK & Requirements